- Qualification MSW
Therapist – Responsible for assessment, treatment planning, and group, individual and family therapy for clients admitted to the hospital for the treatment of chemical dependency and co-occurring medical and or psychiatric disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Personal Histories, Bio-psychosocial Assessments, Comprehensive Treatment Plans, Treatment Plan Reviews and Revisions, and PCPC’s.
- Conducts group counseling, individual counseling, family sessions, psycho educational and specialty groups with clients as assigned and documents appropriately and within hospital time frames.
- Assists clients in maintaining contact with external systems when necessary including: Probation or Parole Officer, DPA, DHS, Employers, Funding Sources, and other case management as required. Completes Informed Consents for each contact person/agency as needed and documents properly.
- Communicates with Clinical Coordinator and with other staff members to ensure quality client care.
- Provides crisis intervention on an as needed basis.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and provides all pertinent information regarding both unit conditions and individual clients to Clinical Coordinator.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with other members of the treatment staff and participates in program meetings, case conferences and department meetings as scheduled.
- Performs Case Management and aftercare planning as required.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
MSW – Experience with 1-3 years experience in drug or alcohol and mental health setting; experience with an electronic medical record; ability to document all patient activities as required.
Mon-Fri and there is some flexibility with the hours. Work Full time hours or choose to work 12-5pm ; 1-6pm or 2-7pm. It is preferable if the individual can work on the weekend, but not mandatory.