- Qualification BSW
The Site Coordinator position is a school-based position. The purpose of the Site Coordinator/Case Manager position is to support the students that are pregnant and parenting and serves as a team member for the overall ELECT division.
- Developing an individualized academic success plan and implementing the case management process for each participant. An average of 25-35 teen parents in schools.
- Facilitating and monitoring the success of each student evaluating all students’ credits, rosters and obtaining needed services to help students meet academic, social and personal goals.
- Conducting intake interviews
- Working closely with teachers, roster office, counselors, families, higher level institutions to achieve program goals for students.
- Developing plans to accumulate needed credits for graduation.
- Organizing the needed requirements for the ELECT program, including student folders; tracking attendance.
- Accessing homebound instruction services.
- Completing monthly workshops, flyers, reports for PA Department of Welfare and Education presenters (topics include: health and nutrition, family planning, parenting skills, substance prevention, violence prevention, preparing children for school, job skills, vocational and college information).
- Assisting in summer and post-high school job/educational placements.
- Coordinating events and trips.
- Conducting home visits upon intake and quarterly thereafter.
- Entering and tracking data in to systems.
- Attending trainings and chaperoning trips.
- Other duties as assigned
BSW with two to three years work experience in social service and academic support for student-based population (high school).