- Qualification BSW
The Self-Sufficiency Coach advocates for and provides holistic support to the setting’s participants, and their families, as they begin their journey towards to self-sufficiency. Setting participants are single parents working hard to create a better life for themselves and their families. The Self-Sufficiency Coach is responsible for motivating, encouraging, and equipping setting participants with the skills they need to attain their life goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management services for a caseload of 28- 35 participants.
- Help families create goals and map concrete steps for achieving those goals, with a focus on the areas of parenting, finances, and personal development.
- Help families make and track progress with their plans.
- Motivate families to remain engaged and compliant with the setting’s program requirements.
- Work well with a diverse team to collaborate on supportive plans.
- Facilitate and organize workshops, family enrichment activities and group meetings.
- Maintain complete and accurate records in case files and database.
- Conducts regular home visits/inspections and assist participants in maintaining home according to agency standards.
- Develop/maintain links with other professionals in the social service field and complementary programs in the city.
BSW with a minimum of 2 years providing case management or community services to vulnerable children, individuals or families in a public or private social service agency.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – writing, speaking, presentation. Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, follow through and accountability. Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
Comfortable working in West Philadelphia.