- Qualification BSW
To ensure that all individuals receive the services they need to live, learn, work and socialize in the local community. To identify, provide and maintain regular supports to the clients and to assure continuity of care. To provide a continuous flow of services, in compliance with contract and Agency regulations. Intervention with clients.
- Ensure the delivery, flow, design and availability of appropriate services for clients. Participate in the development and refinement of individual rehabilitation plans incorporating social, educational, vocational, self-care and residential skills and objectives; complete Functional Assessment with clients; provide guidance and review accessibility of services; update and amend plan as client negotiates through the system.
- Assess and identify gaps in service delivery and recommend alternative action plans.
- Participate in the resolution of crisis situations; assist with identifying key individuals and resources that can provide direct support and/or immediate intervention during a crisis situation.
- Submit accurate documentation and related information, on a timely basis. Document all contacts, movement, growth, transfers and overall progression through the system, in accordance with funding source regulations.
- Maintain productivity standards defined by the program. Productivity includes documentation of the services provided.
- Serve as an advocate and encourage clients to assume a proactive role in their rehabilitation process. Provide direct support through effective communications with program staff, clients and other providers.
- Maintain a close liaison with the local community and area service providers/agencies to facilitate program cooperation and provide for constructive input and/or alternative resources to current plans.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field through review of literature and periodicals, attendance at seminars and through contacts with other professionals.
- May assist Benefits Manager in monitoring the management of client’s Representative Payee Accounts.
- May participate in intra-agency meetings and committees on behalf of the Program.
- May assist Manager with reports and special projects.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as they relate to the overall enhancement of program service delivery.
- Cooperation and Team Effectiveness: Works effectively with others towards common unit goals.
- Establishes and sustains a positive impact on people. Actively and positively contributes to morale and teamwork.
BSW and 3 years of MH direct care experience; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge. skill and ability required. Very good communication skills. Detail oriented. Ability to work independently and as part of a focused team. Knowledgeable of computers, Microsoft Outlook, Word and the Internet required. Knowledge of electronic health record systems a plus. Ability to meet established direct care service expectations including documentation of the services.
Must be available for local travel and possess a valid Driver’s license. May require crisis intervention to emergency situations. Must be available for scheduled emergency on-call service and will be required to carry a beeper during regularly scheduled working hours and scheduled on-call service.