- License and Certifications PA LCSW
The Director of Self-Sufficiency works in collaboration with the organization and community partners to effectively deliver quality services for the Family Self-Sufficiency Program. The DSS supports the coaching team in assessing participant needs and strengths in the areas of education, parenting, personal development, employment and financial management and to coordinate the provision of services and resources to help participants become self-sufficient. The DSS also build networks and relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this Senior Management position will assist company in accomplishing our mission to end poverty. As part of the Senior Management team, the person in this position must be a leader committed to excellence and growth, as the company is a dynamic agency continually changing to meet the needs of those we serve. The position oversees social service programs, fosters new partnerships, and provides input and expertise to achieve the agency’s strategic goals. Supervisees: 6-member coaching team (Self-Sufficiency Coaches, Admissions Coordinator, Career and Education Coach) and interns
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide oversight and leadership to the Family Self-Sufficiency Program ensuring successful implementation, evaluation and coordination of services. Ensure that FSSP is in compliance with funding regulations, program goals, and stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborate regularly with organizational management regarding issues relating to finances, human resources, program operations, and strategic opportunities.
- Ensure effective data quality and compliance systems for FSSP and all required stakeholder CRM’s. Ensure compliance with all program contractual requirements. Assist in the creation of the annual report for the public which describes all service outcomes.
- Participate in and support fundraising efforts including grants (application and report), special events and individual giving program.
- Maintain effective public relations and serve as a spokesperson for the company when needed. Develop relationships with the community to instill support and confidence in our agency.
- Manage a case load of 7-10 participants.
- Manage departmental reports, compliance documentation and database.
MSW with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the human services, social work, or related field, with progressive levels of responsibility, including those at the leadership level. Supervisory experience with strong skills in program development and policy and procedures. Proficient knowledge of principles of human behavior and development and psychological defense mechanisms; laws, policies and procedures of being a mandated reporter. Strong ability to represent the interests of the agency, interact effectively with a diverse population with multiple special needs, and be comfortable building successful collaborative relationships with tenants, staff, and with community networking and resource building. Culturally competent. Has a reliable car with insurance, has a valid driver’s license.